Honey! When you hear this word, we immediately recall their ‘sweet’ taste. Is it right or wrong? Also the beautiful texture of honey appears in front of your eyes. The product obtained from the flower nectar, which is transformed into honey, naturally by bees as well as they give sweet and golden texture to honey. Honey contains numerous health benefits that made it a significant medicine in Ayurveda cures and also in modern medicines especially in the soothing wounds.
This is well-known as Shahad, Miel, Honing, Mel, Miele, and Honing. It is widely used as a cultural diet in all over the world. Now, everyone knows the danger of sugar or refined sugar is very harmful for health, because it leads to diabetes and weight gain etc. Honey is a beautiful and delicious option for sugar which is given by nature to human beings for the nourishment of the body and stimulates good health. Do you ever think that, why honey is so popular? Mostly, you can use honey in different ways such as mix this with other juice, in any drink in place of sugar, eat directly, put it on bread like a jam, and add into warm water, cinnamon, lime juice, and mixed with other herbs to make different medicine. It has good flavour and many health benefits that make it really useful and multipurpose.
Honey contains a unique chemical composition that preserve this indefinitely without spoiling. It is very pure and natural substance. It is extremely acidic and low in moisture producing a hostile surrounding for microorganisms and bacteria. Honey have bonanza of properties that are as follows;
- Anti-inflammatory, and
- Remarkable debriding action.
The ancient Egyptians recycled honey frequently to pleasure skin and eye problems. As Hippocrates had properly said “Let food be the medicine and medicine be the food.”
Energy Basis: as per USDA, honey has 64 calories in one tablespoon. Thus, honey is widely used as a best energy source. Whereas, 1 tablespoon sugar can provide just 15 calories.
Nutritional Facts In Honey Are Given Below:
|1 tablespoon honey||% daily values|
|Carbohydrates: 17.3 g||6%|
|Fat: 0 g
|Protein: 0.06 g
|Total Fat: 0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat: 0 g
| Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g
| Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
|Sodium: 1 mg||0%|
|Dietary Fiber: 0g||0%|
The Following Are Different Serving Of The Honey Gives Calories In Different:
|1 Packet (0.5 oz.)||43|
Health benefits of honey:
Now we will discuss about the best and well known benefits of honey. It is proven that honey is delicious as well as effective. Honey is great for,
- Inhibiting heart disease,
- Relieving sore throat,
- Soothing burns,
- Preventing cancer,
- Providing allergy protection,
- Treating cough and cold,
- Healing wounds,
- Preventing plaque build-up,
- Relieving arthritic-related discomfort,
- Providing energy,
- Increasing calcium absorption,
- Slowing ageing, and
- Stimulating a healthy digestive system.
Now, in detail we will discuss about the uses and effect of honey on health. The health benefits of honey comprise the following treatments, occupied from both modern and traditional medical experts. The benefits of honey are as follows;
1. Maintains Healthy Heart & Arteries: It has been found that taking honey on a regular basis, into your meal is very helpful to prevent heart problems by serving to clear arteries which is blocked. It decreases the danger of heart disease. If you consume honey mixed with cinnamon then it lowers the cholesterol in the blood by up to 10% as well as refreshes the veins and arteries. Mix 1-2 teaspoons of honey with 1/3 tablespoon of cinnamon in to warm water, and then drink daily. This honey and cinnamon mixture decreases the risk of heart attacks and also avoids another who has already suffering.
2. Soothes coughs:
This is the well-known health benefit of honey; it is a super food for ease colds and cough. Raw honey contains all its components which are propolis, been pollen and royal jelly. It is composed of high amount of enzymes and nutrients that kills viruses and bacteria. Consume a mixture of raw honey and fresh lemon juice for getting relief for sore throats, and also useful to inhibit the tickle, which stimulates coughing. Give only a small amount of honey to children’s before going to bed for the treatment of cough.
3. Treats wounds and burns: In frequent studies, honey is found to be effective to treat wounds and even burns. The anti-bacterial nature of honey is responsible for treating burns and wounds. Honey generally kills all strains of bacteria in wounds. Wounds which are sterile at the onset stayed sterile until healed. But ulcers and infected wounds developed sterile within one week of using honey every 12 to 48 hours and covered with bandages, a polyurethane dressing or sterile gauze. It refreshes wounds of malodorous and speeds the healing by inspiring wound tissues.
4. May relieve seasonal allergies: Many people not accept the ability of honey to lessen the symptoms of seasonal allergy, because honey has anti-inflammatory effects. It sooth cough and cold and, therefore it also lowers the allergy problems.
There is always a debate that honey is effective on allergies or not. Honey is beneficial as a substitute as well as natural allergy treatment for many years. Some studies show that 60 % reduction is observed in symptoms for birch pollen allergy sufferers.
5. Possibly prevents low white blood cell count: Researches shows, that a honey may be a talented and low-cost way to avoid low white blood cell count caused by chemotherapy. In chemotherapy, the cancer patients have risk of neutropenia that means very low blood count. If the patients will take two teaspoons daily of therapeutic honey they get results very quickly.
6. Resolves scalp problems and hair loss:
When you use the cinnamon and honey on affected area then, it reduces hair loss. Because it is observed that, there is an increase in the blood circulation of your scalp which leads into new hair growth. When Person suffering from great dandruff and chronic seborrhea dermatitis, it should apply honey diluted with 10 percent warm water to their tricky areas and leave it on for three hours before rinsing with warm water. The result he will found that itching is relieved and scaling disappeared within one week. Skin cuts are completely healed within two weeks when using honey.
7. Provides nutrients: honey is composed of small amounts of a wide collection of minerals and vitamins. These involve niacin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, riboflavin, potassium, Vitamin C and zinc. Therefore only use honey instead of sugar you will get more nutrients for your calories. The type of vitamins and minerals and their amount rest on the flowers types used in apiculture. If you will compare these nutrients with sugar then, most of the nutrients are totally absent.
8. Kills antibiotic-resistant bacteria: In clinical studies, honey contains medicinal values because it kills food-borne illness pathogens like salmonella and E. coli as well as methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus and pseudomonas aeruginosa both of which are mutual in hospitals and doctors’ offices.
9. Controls the diabetes: Honey contains simple sugar but it is totally different from the artificial and white sugar. The glucose as well as fructose both helps the body to regulate blood sugar level. Honey regulates the insulin level and blood sugar level in the body. Hence it is the best option to control the type-2 diabetes. You can use this in the morning, by mixing it with oatmeal as well as a cup of your favourite tea.
10. It boosts your immune system: Raw and organic contains natural minerals, enzymes, and vitamins. Honey plays a significant role to boost your immune because, it defend the body from bacteria and increase the immune system. When you use honey then your body fights with Cold and flu signs, such as sore throats, coughs, and congestion. Honey contains antioxidants like nutraceuticals that is used in the elimination of free radicals from the body. As an outcome, our body immunity is enhanced against many conditions, such as cancer or heart disease.
Drink 1-2 tablespoons of honey with warm water daily. Also for getting some extra amount of energy you can add a sprint of cinnamon as well a fresh lemon juice.
11. May help metabolize alcohol: Recent researches reveal that if you orally consume honey then, there is reduction of alcohol in blood level and also prevention of intoxication is observed. Therefore honey increases the capacity of the body to metabolize the alcohol.
12. Weight Loss: Honey contains an improved glycaemic index as compared to regular white sugar. When honey is consumed with warm water then it gives more calories than sugar. Honey is useful in digesting the fat which is stored in your body. Likewise, Mixture of honey and lemon juice as well as honey and cinnamon is beneficial in reducing weight.
- Take honey with lemon, it supports in cleansing the liver for purifying the body and useful in controlling your weight. Most of the dieticians and nutritionist recommend this.
- A mixture of 1 teaspoon of organic honey with 1 tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon which is an aromatic spice also plays a very essential role in the weight loss programme. Consume a half glass in the morning and second half in the late afternoon before going to bed.
13. Makes great workout fuel: Honey is an exceptional source of all-natural energy. Honey plays a very significant role to keep blood sugar levels, glycogen renovation, muscle healing and after the exercises, as well as maintaining the amount of insulin in the body, also energy expenses. Most of the athletes trust on sugar based drinks and other drinks for carbohydrate to fuel their bodies, for muscle recovery during and after the workout. For getting the energy boost you have to add honey into your bottle of water during exercises. Also eat honey with your snack for boost your energy.
14. Honey clears up your Skin: Honey contains anti-fungal, anti-microbial and antiseptic properties; therefore honey is an eventual and divine organic skincare product. If milk and honey are mixed together, then your skin becomes smooth and beautiful. Honey plays an effective role in the treatment of other skin conditions, such as ring worm, eczema, itchiness and psoriasis. Honey cure these conditions as well as it prevents the skin from dryness and relaxes the inflammation. Honey treats the body from inside as well as from outside.
- Smear a raw and organic honey on directly on spots, and lease the skin absorb its therapeutic properties overnight.
- Rinse it in the morning, and after regular use, you will see the result in your skin!
- To make skin glowing, supple and nourished, massage your skin with honey.
15. Reduction of Cholesterol: It is observed that honey enhances the entire cholesterol level and also helpful in the treatment of type 2 diabetes by regulating their blood sugar. Mixing 1 to 2 tablespoon of honey with 1/3 rd. Of Ceylon cinnamon in warm water, there is reduction in cholesterol, and it refreshes the cardiovascular system and also reduced the chances of heart attacks.
16. Balance the 5 elements:
Honey has been used in Ayurveda medicine in India. Honey has the ability to penetrate the deepest tissue of the body therefore it is called as ‘Yogavahi’. It is also said to be beneficial in the improvement of eyesight, urinary tract disorders, curing impotence and weight loss, premature ejaculation, bronchial asthma, nausea and diarrhoea. Honey improves the medicinal qualities of those preparations and also supports them to spread the deeper tissues used with, other herbal medicines.
17. Honey for Fatigue:
The honey provides a good amount of boost without raising your blood sugar level. Take half teaspoon of this golden sweet stuff add this into water with a small amount of cinnamon this helps to increase your vitality and also decrease the fatigue. Just take this, when you work in the afternoon and feel refreshed every time.
So, Honey is one of the top super foods that are used to treat limitless health conditions and boost overall health. As mentioned above, there are numerous health benefits that can be obtained from honey. But, the profits of honey that we get importantly depend on its quality. Therefore use a good quality of honey.
I hope you will enjoy this article and find this beneficial and as well as very informative.