How do you know that your digestive system is working optimally or not? The most obvious indications of disorder is stomach upset, gas, bloating, rumbling noises stomach pain, , nausea, vomiting or a burning sensation after eating.
Improving digestive health is the key to any healthful lifestyle. The gastrointestinal system clearly plays an important role in sustaining the health of the body!
Certain foods and beverages can cause indigestion because they are irritating to the digestive tract. Examples would include alcohol, vinegar, and caffeine, spicy, greasy or refined foods.
Process of digestion:
- Brain: Digestion initiates with your brain. It expresses the body to get prepared for the tasty food by manufacturing saliva that contains enzymes useful for breaking down the consumed food. Thus look at your meal, smelling it and seeing it serve it nicely to make it look vibrant and induce digestion.
- Mouth: Eating helps in breaking down the food even more easily. When we gulp, our food goes down through the oesophagus into the stomach.
- Stomach: our stomach- a small bag that enlarges with the consume food. This can mix all the different food with many enzymes and help stomach acid in breaks down everything, especially proteins.
Additional, if a food is not digested completely or properly, it can leave the stomach partially undigested.
You can advance the digestibility of your meal by making these:
- Protein and non-starchy vegetable.
- Grains/starchy veggies and non-starchy veggies.
- Organic chicken and kale salad
- Wild-caught salmon with steamed peppers and onion
- Oils and non-starchy veggies
- Brown rice with vegetable stir-fry
- Avocado and salad
- Olive oil or coconut oil on steamed veggies
- Sweet potato and asparagus
Important food that help in healthy digestion:
- Foods that are filled with B6 or zinc are responsible for the production of stomach acid. B6 are present in Wholegrain, Beans, Pulses nuts and seeds.
- zinc are be obtained from eggs, fish, nuts, and Lean meat.
- foods that are Prebiotics are Asparagus, Leek, Chicory root,Garlic, Artichoke Banana etc.
- Probiotics foods are Natural or even live yogurt Fermented foods like miso and tofu.
- Segmental cheese cheers formation of the bugs that are beneficial.
- Fiber that shapes slowly and evade wheat if the gut is feeling irritated: barley, fruits, nuts, seeds,Wholegrain, Pulses, oats, vegetables etc.
- Ground linseeds can be soaked in clear water for treating constipation.
- Pineapple or papaya are beneficial for the enzymes.
- Herbs and even spices are also used, but avoid intake of chili if the gut is feeling irritated by including: Aniseed, Cinnamon, Coriander ,Cumin, Basil, Cardamom ,Cayenne pepper,Fennel, Oregano ,Rosemary ,Sage, Thyme, ,Fenugreek ,Ginger, Mint ,Nutmeg ,Turmeric etc.
- Foods that supports Liver are Apples, Cauliflower, Garlic, Herbs, Lemon, Onions, Pears, Rocket,Leek,Beetroot, Broccoli, Spices etc.
- Required Omega 3 and 6 fats such as DHA and even GLA tend to add support ,heal and reduce inflammation in your gut. They can be obtained from many Oily fish, nuts, Seeds.
- DRINK more WATER!
- Keep this to a minimal level: Extremely fatty foods, Carbonated drinks, Alcohol, Caffeine.
Best tips for a healthy digestion:
1. Chew properly:
Sit down properly to look at your meal properly. This helps the saliva and the digestive enzymes to get distinguished and then you can start to chew even more properly. Chew for t least 30 times that can help your stomach to ease and digest properly.
2. Be stress free:
Your body doesn’t like you being in stress. Avoid eating when you are in stress to avoid indigestion.
3. Consume more of fiber:
Fiber foods the known to be best for gut and also help in eliminating wastes out from the body even more quickly. Toxins and cholesterol gets easily absorbed with this.
4. Drink more water!
By fiber, you also require water to retain and make your stools soft. This aid in easy passage through your colon. Thus, it is suggested to consume 2 litres of water each day. This is also best way to treat constipation.
5. Consume less amount of meat:
Red and even processed meat consumption can cause cancer. thus, keep intake of to a smallest quantity in the diet and increase fish and even vegetarian intake instead.
6. Skip sugar intake:
Sugar induces the yeast growth called as Candida albinos that can lead a ‘leaky’ gut and numerous symptoms spreading outside the gut.
7. Increase the intake of probiotics:
The good bugs in your gut are called as probiotics and also they are best to remain healthy. The well-known and productive bugs are called as the lactobacilli and bifid bacteria. There are many other strains as well and they are even added to most of the blooming probiotic foods and even the drinks in the market.
8. Act after the antibiotics:
Antibiotic use is very basic reason for the changes in the gut flora. Thus, consume loads of probiotic foods like live curd or consume some supplement after antibiotics to repair any damage.
9. Increase the intake of prebiotics:
Prebiotics cannot be digested. This is the fibrous foods which are beneficial to probiotics to grow and display in your colon.
So, You can be eating the healthiest, organic foods, but if you’re not breaking down, absorbing or adapting your food properly digestion will be compromised, which can negatively affect your weight and immune function, accelerate age-related disorders, and influence overall health and quality of life.
Hope you will enjoy this article and read before eat!