Quinoa is the seed of a plant that is edible and is from the green leafy vegetables family like methi. They have grains that are flat and oval shaped with their tips as pointed. You can avail them in 3 different types like brown, white, red, yellow, and black. This is known as “quinoa” in Hindi. Quinoa is rich source of amino acids and is used in many cuisines like cereal. It has a very delicate and nutty taste with fluffy texture. Quinoa can protect their body from cancer and many illnesses. This also has potassium, iron, vitamins, protein, minerals and dietary fiber.
Let us check some amazing benefits of Quinoa:
- Good for Diabetics: Quinoa has protein that maintains your body weight and improves muscle mass. It is essential for individuals who have diabetes, as they contain fiber and magnesium. Fiber help in regulating blood sugar and magnesium uses the glucose and stimulates insulin. Quinoa can be consumed by diabetes patients as a part of cereal. Doctors also suggest this in case of gestational diabetes.
- Aid in Weight Loss: This contains good fiber levels to help you in reducing weight. This can help you to feel full for a longer period of time. This also has protein that improves the metabolism and maintains good blood sugar level. Eat quinoa and other whole grains to lower abdominal fat very easily, as they are free from gluten that is required for dieters.
- Bodybuilding: 100 grams quinoa has 14 gm. protein that is best for bodybuilders. Individual eat quinoa for bodybuilding purpose with its many other benefits like high level of vitamins and minerals with no-gluten. Remember to soak and rinse it with water before cooking. It is necessary to wash the quinoa coating that may cause stomach irritation. Take quinoa instead of rice and oatmeal.
- ADHD: Eat quinoa to get treatment from ADHD and prevention from its flare ups. Take 1 cup of rinsed quinoa or prepare a soup. 5. Celiac Disease: Quinoa can be taken in place of rice, barley, wheat, and oats in the everyday diet to prevent and cure celiac disease. This has many vital nutrients compared to other cereals.
- Treats Constipation:Intake quinoa for treating constipation as it can help for proper passage of the food through the digestive tract. Consume this daily to get prevention from flatulence, constipation and bloating. You can also add this in soups and other foods that need grains as the basic ingredient. Quinoa contains folate and vitamin B that help in eliminating wastes from the body.
Cancer: Consume 3 servings of quinoa each day to lower the risk of cancer.
Lower Cholesterol: Quinoa has soluble fiber that mixes with bile in the liver and manufactures a substance that eliminates through the bowel movements. The liver uses this cholesterol for producing the bile acids. As the level reduces, it uses this from your blood. Thus, the total cholesterol levels decreases. You can also take quinoa to lower the level of cholesterol and substitute for meat and egg.
Fibromyalgia: Quinoa has shown positive result to treat fibromyalgia symptoms, as this has high amount of protein and helps in cellular health. Poor cells health leads to fibromyalgia.
Improves Fertility: Deficiency of protein decreases fertility in women, as this interferes with their menstrual cycle. Hence, many gynaecologists suggest consuming quinoa to improve the fertility.
Upset Stomach: This is a best source of dietary fiber that is required for the upset stomach. It helps in proper digestion and good passage of the bowel movements.
Gluten Intolerance: Wheat sensitive people can also eat quinoa for prevention from gluten allergies. Quinoa is gluten free and contains many nutrients.
Healthy Heart: Doctors advise quinoa for individual with heart problem, as it doesn’t increases the cholesterol levels. This can reduce cholesterol that causes any further damage to your heart.
Migraines: Low magnesium levels can lead to migraines. Hence, it is suggested to intake quinoa for migraines for its high amount of magnesium.
Pregnancy: Add quinoa to your every day diet to get required protein during your pregnancy. This is even good than meat and soybeans for its required amino acids.
Blood Type: Quinoa is best suitable for any blood types
Repairs Tissue: Wear and tear of our body tissues needs protein.vquinoa seeds has high amount of protein that can repair the tissues.
Hypertension: These seeds are filled with magnesium and riboflavin that lowers hypertension and migraine pain. They also help your blood vessels to relax and lower constriction of the blood vessels to lower stress.
Asthma: Individual who suffer from asthma can intake these seeds as a rich source magnesium and riboflavin to lower tension and stress by reducing the constriction of the blood vessels. This also clears the way for air passage; hence it becomes very easy for asthma individual to breathe easily. Regular eating of quinoa can reduce the risk of asthma in childhood by nearly 50 present.
Energy Source: Sports person or energy lacking child must eat quinoa seeds. These are richest source of carbohydrates requires for making energy.
Teeth and Strong Bones: This is best to give your good teeth and stronger bones. Eat quinoa seeds as to get calcium.
Gallstones: Quinoa helps in good digestion that reduces the gallstones formation. This also lowers the excess bile in your body and lowers the formation of gallstones.
Best Vegan Diet: Quinoa has high amount of protein. This can be complete protein meal to let you stay full, specifically for vegans.
Relaxing Effect: People from stress, can get relief from eating this seed in every day diet. Quinoa treats stress due its content of magnesium and produces some relaxing effect to reduce pain.
Free Radical Damage: The manganese and copper content in quinoa seeds has antioxidant properties to provide protection to the cell from the damage to free radical
Damaged Tissue: Quinoa has lysine for synthezing collagen and elastin. Lysine is required by our body that can be obtained from the food source. This quickly heals the damaged tissue and recovery from injury.
Elasticity & Builds Connective Tissue: Quinoa has riboflavin that adds to the elasticity of the skin needed for soft skin. This is also reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
28. Anti-Ageing Face Pack: You can prepare anti-ageing face pack at your home itself. This has anti-ageing properties to nourish and repair sun damaged skin. This also adds glow and softness to the skin.
29. Rejuvenates your Skin: Intake of quinoa rejuvenates the skin to reduce wrinkles and ageing.
30. Brown Spots & Pigmentation: Vitamins in quinoa lower melanin granules to lower brown spots and pigmentation on your skin.
31. Cures Acne: Quinoa can reduces sebum production to treat acne effectively.
32. Cleansing: Quinoa can effectively cleanse the hair with vegetable protein. It contain amino acid that repair and strengthens hair shaft.
33. Protects your Hair Shaft: Quinoa has amino acids for protecting hair shafts. The amino acids repairs any damaged hair and leads to hair growth.
34. Promotes good Hair Growth: Quinoa adds sheen, silk and shine to your hair. It provides nourishment to the hair follicles for hair growth.
35. Treats Dandruff problem: Calcium, iron and phosphorus in quinoa seals moisture and reduce dandruff.
36. Hydrates the Scalp: This nourishes and hydrates the scalp to condition them.
37. Split Ends:
Protein in quinoa seals your split ends and protects it. This maintains porosity and increases elasticity. Usda Nutrition Chart Of Quinoa:
* Based on a RDI of 2000 calories
Side Effects Of Quinoa:
- Quinoa has less health risks and can be taken by most of the people.
- Natural coating quinoa is called saponins that cause irritation in the stomach.
- This must always be taken in food amounts.
- Quinoa contains lower triglyceride.
The above given are the many benefits of eating Quinoa seeds and its oil. Hope this was useful for you. Do leave your feedback below.