You all know about alcohol but do you know is it safe in pregnancy or not? Pregnancy is a wonderful gift given by god to women and you have to manage this very safely. Therefore today we are discussing that alcohol is harmless for pregnant women or not.
It is well known that the food you consume in pregnancy gives the nourishment to the baby inside the womb. What you eat what you drink is directly effects on baby’s health and also very dangerous. So that how alcohol is good for pregnant women. It is highly recommended that do not drink alcohol in pregnancy because it also results into long- term health difficulties in the baby after birth. A woman who smoke, consume a drink that involves caffeine in high amount and also have a very poor diet is highly affected by alcohol.
Alcohol during pregnancy is harmful to baby:
- Alcohol is a nothing but a toxin. When you consume alcohol then it speedily reaches your baby through the placenta, by means of your blood circulation.
- If you are drinking alcohol in a large amount then it leads to permanent damage to your baby’s health as well as development of organs, face and growth of brain.
- Alcohol can injured a baby at any stage in between the pregnancy. Alcohol drinking harms the baby’s nervous system. If the nervous system gets damaged then there are difficulties in learning system as well as problems with coordination and movement during his life.
- There are many defects observed in baby due to alcohol such as behavior as well as learning problems, Difficulties in closeness or bonding with mother, Problem in feeding as a newborn.
- The most common is growth problem in that child looking very small as compare to other children’s.
- Due to alcohol consumption there is problem with distinctive facial features also noted. This involves a small face, narrow eye opening, flat face, this symptoms is most noticeable in 2 to 3 years.
- High amount drinking is a big cause of premature birth and a miscarriage. FAS are a full-blown fetal alcohol syndrome that is the great end of the range of disorders. In these disorders the babies have facial defects, but it is very rare and FASD is very common.
- The FASD is known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) that defines the range of alcohol effects on baby. It starts from mild to severe.
- Alcohol is not only responsible for physical problems but also mental problems in child for rest of his or her life.
So, these are the effects of alcohol on the baby which are generally noticed.
The development as well as health of an unborn baby is significantly affected by the alcohol consumption by the mothers during pregnancy. Very few babies have Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS). These babies are born with very less weight with unfamiliar facial structure. Hence, there are problems related to knowledge as well as performance is observed. Rest of the babies involves permanent disabilities because of drinking alcohol in pregnancy. It does not contain all the structures of FAS. Therefore this type is commonly known as Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder plays an important role in brain damage as well as birth defects in unborn children. FASD is not improvable.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD):
There secondary effects are observed in this type of disorders. It means the effects are not present at the time of birth but occurs later. Some of the examples are given below:
- Behavior difficulties in school: The Kids having FASD and FAS are receiving many problems with their teachers as well as other children in performance. These children are facing situations more probable than other kids to be adjourned, drop out or expelled very early from school.
- Psychological strength problems: Many researches are indicated that because of this disorder any health problems occurs and they are as follows:a) ADHD or Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity,
b) Depression and psychotic episodes,
c) ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder),
d) Alcohol or drug dependence,
e) Conduct disorder.
- Self-determining living – Adults with FAS and FASD may have anxiety keeping a living or job independently.
- Trouble with the law – The Young people suffering from this FASD as well as FAS more expected to make crime and to be confined. These people are unable to control their anger and frustration and also become and may be intense.
- Alcohol and drug dependence – The people suffering with FASD as well as FAS have difficulties with drugs and alcohol.
Methods to protect this Disorder:
Now, we are discussing about the different ways to control and protect these symptoms.
- Support for the family: A large number of children with FAS and FASD close up in another care for example with substitute families. Sometimes one of the reasons is that parents also suffering from FASD and FAS. There is a requirement of support from community as well as from family. It is very helpful for child to live within the family or lengthy family.
- Early analysis – If you recognize those symptoms then it will be very easy for you to treat this as well as managing their behavior and learning problems.
- Participation in special tutoring – Identification can allow the development of a program of study that is matched to the individual child.
- Absence of forcefulness – Children with FAS or FASD are man y time frustrated and angered then try to talk and support them politely.
Method to regulate the alcohol:
Last but not least we are giving you some useful tips by which you can control the alcohol;
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Take up a hobby such as painting or nursery or gardening.
- Do exercise such as meditation as well as Yoga.
- Get a massage.
- Watch television or read a book.
If you think you may have problem in quitting drinking difficulty then, talk with your doctor for more guidance.
At this moment, I think you have understood that alcohol during pregnancy is safe or not and I hope you find this article very beneficial as well as informative.